All information and referrals of suspected impairment received by the Kansas Medical Society-Professionals’ Health Program are confidential, nonpublic and carefully maintained at all times. KMS-PHP accepts self-referrals and calls from persons who may be concerned about a physician, physician assistant, resident or students. KMS-PHP accepts anonymous calls and will gladly assist you in exploring referral options.
Please contact KMS-PHP if you have any questions about how KMS-PHP can assistant with many medical/physical, psychiatric or emotional problems. Some of the concerns the PHP addresses include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Being under the influence of mood altering substances while in the workplace.
- Excessive use of mood altering substances outside the workplace that may affect a professional's ability to practice with skill and safety.
- Mood disorders, such as depression and anxiety or other psychiatric illnesses.
- Workplace disruptive behaviors as defined by the AMA as “personal conduct, whether verbal or physical, that negatively affects or that potentially affect patient care.”
- Boundary violations or sexual inappropriateness with patients.
Submit your concern online
If you would like to report a concern online, please contact the PHP program here. Include the following:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- Question or comment
Submit your concern by phone
If you would like to report a concern by telephone please contact our office at one of the following numbers:
- Toll Free: 1-800-332-0156
- Voice: (785) 235-2383 and request the PHP