Lead Well: opening retreat
Category: KMS Events
Wednesday, May 01, 2019, 08:00am - 12:00pm
To be a physician is to lead but far too often physicians are positioned in leadership roles without the tangible skills to be successful. This unique program will equip physicians to effectively manage change and empower them to address professional, community and personal challenges with confidence.
Additional program details
The Lead Well experience will involve four meetings between May and September.
- May 1-3 in-person meeting in Wichita
- June, 1 hour virtual meeting (date and time to be announced)
- August, 1 hour virtual meeting (date and time to be announced)
- September 6 in-person meeting in Wichita (8am-2pm)
We anticipate there may be a few hours of preparation and reading as well. Our goal was to design this program so it minimizes a physician’s time away from the office and also creates protected time to engage in-person with other colleagues in the program. All sessions are required for program completion.
- Participants in Lead Well will spend the opening retreat May 1-3 learning specific leadership activities and behaviors; these competencies are applicable across any number of organizations and challenges. The leadership framework will be exercised in both lecture and small-group (physician-only) work. Physicians will explore the application of the leadership behaviors using physician-specific case studies.
- The 1-hour virtual meetings will be focused on coaching from leadership experts, discussing challenges participants wish to resolve and working through meaningful application of the leadership capacities.
- The closing retreat on September 6 is dedicated to professional satisfaction and helping participants gain a deeper understanding of how effective leadership can positively impact wellness.
This program is focused on equipping physicians to be successful in facing challenges—whether those are in their own practices, their hospitals or their communities. We believe strongly in these principles and know they can be effective in empowering physicians.
Contact: Allison DeGroff
Location: Kansas Leadership Center; Wichita