The following bills of interest to medicine are being considered by policymakers during the current session of the Kansas Legislature.
- Enacts licensure of anesthesiologist assistants (AAs) under the Board of Healing Arts.
APRN independent practice
- Removes the requirement for a collaborative practice agreement between an APRN and a physician
Expedited partner therapy
- Allows for the use of expedited partner therapy to treat sexually transmitted disease
Health Care Stabilization Fund
- Increases the liability limits for the Health Care Stabilization Fund
Informed consent: antipsychotic medications
- Requires written informed consent prior to administering antipsychotic medications to an adult care home resident
- Expands KanCare, the state's Medicare managed care program, to include individuals earning up to 133 percent of the federal poverty level
- Expands the naturopaths' scope of practice including allowing the prescribing of controlled substances