The Kansas Medical Society Professionals’ Health Program is hiring a full-time Clinical Case Manager. Under the direct supervision of the KMS PHP Program Director, this position provides appropriate activities/talks for intakes, intervention, support, treatment facility referral, monitoring of program participants with health related issues such as substance use disorders, mental and emotional health issues, and other issues resulting in PHP involvement. Applicant will meet with participants for monitoring with appropriate interaction to meet criteria set forth in KSBHA Professional Development Plans and Consent Orders.
Minimum Skills Requirement:
- Master’s degree with emphasis on psychology, behavioral health/behavioral science, preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in mental health facility/private practice.
- Must have experience in handling crisis situations, substance use disorders, behavioral, emotional and mental health issues.
- Applicant must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Must have ability and experience working in emergency situations and provide immediate assistance in crisis situations.
- Strong communication skills required both written and verbal.
- Assess referrals for appropriate evaluation/treatment facilities.
- Handle collaborative interviews when necessary with hospital/clinic staff, peers, legal counsel, other appropriate professionals and possible family members when deemed necessary.
- Assist and facilitate support groups as needed for behavioral monitoring, substance abuse monitoring.
- Share with duties of a 24 hour suicide/crisis hotline.
- Participate in Post-COVID interventions/support.
- Work requires ability to work with other agencies and professionals.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of different professionals (i.e. attorneys, administrators, risk managers, psychiatrists, therapists, etc.).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Capability of managing confrontational professionals who are impaired, non-compliant or oppositional.
- Ability to work independently yet be an integral part of the KMS-PHP staff as a team player.
Work Location, Conditions, and Benefits:
- Professional office environment in Topeka, Kansas.
- Contact with medical office staff, physicians, attorneys, and general public.
- May deal with angry or upset people with emotional or mental health issues.
- Some travel and on-call time is required.
- Exempt, full-time position.
- Benefits include health and dental insurance; 401(k) plan; life insurance.